LET'S CUP SOME COFFEE
CUP COMFORTABLE LIKE A PRO
We prepared for you an easy cupping sheet. You fill out the form, after adding the notes you can submit the sheet and will automatically receive an e-Mail with all the infos that you added while cupping.
THIS IS HOW WE CUP AT DDC
You will need roasted samples, a consistent grinder, enough water at 94 °C with hopefully 60 – 100 ppm (for each additional 15 ppm, you should use 0,5 °C colder water), 2 sample bowls per sample plus three additional cups/ bowls for water/ residue and a timer.
1. Weigh out 11 g of coffee beans for each cup that has a total volume of 210 ml.
2. We recommend to first weigh out all the cups.
3. Bring water to boil – 0.5 l per sample. So for 5 samples you’ll need 2.5 l.
4. Grind the coffee medium coarse, like brown sugar, 800 µm.
5. Sniff the ground coffee and write down the scent in fragrance.
6. Start the timer.
7. Add with a fast flowrate the water and saturate all the grounds. Smell the infusion and write down its aroma.
7. At 5:00 minutes break the crust with a cupping spoon all the way down to the bottom for 4 times, preferably in the direction of a compass: north-south, south-north, west-east, east-west. Clean the spoon after each bowl in a cup with hot water.
8. Carefully remove superficially all the foam and floating particles from the top.
9. At 8 – 11 minutes start cupping (8 = you can handle pretty hot drinks, 11 = you’re kind a cold cupper). Write down flavor and aftertaste impressions.
10. At 12 – 15 minutes cup again and focus on acidity, body and flavor.
11. At 16-20 minutes cup again and focus on all attributes and its harmony. Also perceive the evolution of the coffees.
12. Well done! Now submit the form and clean up the mess!