Discover Colombia's Specialty Coffee During our
ORIGIN TRIP IN COLOMBIA 2023
22nd May – 25th of May, 2023. Daily activities from 8am – 5pm.
We will visit the following farms:
- Capilla del Rosario, Medellín
- La Increíble, Medellín
- San Luis, Líbano
The view of Capilla del Rosario over Medellín.
LET'S IMMERSE INTO COLOMBIA'S COFFEE
Join our coffee origin trip in Colombia. Let’s dive together into Colombian’s specialty coffee. We planned plenty of activities at our partner farm “Capilla del Rosario” in Medellín. You’ll experience specialty coffee from crop to cup.
LEARN EVERYTHING ABOUT PROCESSING
We create our coffees 50% via processing and 50% via varieties and origin. Everyday there are more fancy sounding processing methods on the specialty coffe market.
What should you expect from an aerobic oxidated extended natural castillo v.s. the same coffee under an extended submerged anaerobic fermentation?
In our processing workshop we will teach you everything, that you need to know to be able to choose to perfect coffee for your needs and understand the differences between wet- or dry processing and from hydro to lactic fermentations!
We will teach you how we approach different coffee varieties, processing methods and fermentation styles. We will roast different coffees and Nikolai Fürst will be explaining his roasting approach having in mind all the important roasting parameters like:
- Humidity of green coffee
- Screensize and beanshape
- Coffee roaster’s variables
- Burner setting
ABOUT Nikolai Fürst
Nikolai is a cultural & social anthropologist and founded in 2016 Desarrolladores de Café. His vision was developing out-standing coffees rather than hunting them. A few milestone is his coffee live are:
- 2018 opening his coffeeshop DDC
- 2019 German Cup Tasting Champion
- Since 2020 Barista Hustle coach & team member (he helped to develop the processing course)
- 2020 First place at Kaffeepanel (roasted filter coffee competition)
- 2021 2nd place at German’s Brewer’s Cup
- 2021 Specialty coffee roasting consultant for Tchibo
- 2022 Coffee Roasting courses in several European cities like Berlin, Nuremberg, Madrid
ABOUT JOSÉ POSADA
José grew up in the coffee farm Capilla del Rosario. For 7 years he has been experimenting with specialty coffee. When he met the team of Desarrolladores de Café back in 2018 we started with coffee tourism and education. A few milestone is his coffee live are:
- Coffee grower all his life
- COO of iFinca
- Coffee consultant for farmers of the PEC program
- Coffee teacher at Instituto Superior Mariano Moreno
HOW TO USE THE NEW KNOWLEDGE TO YOUR ADVANTAGE:
1. Buy or sell new varieties – see local trends.
2. Process green coffee or advise your supplier how to do it.
3. Perform precise roasting according to the type of coffee, process and client’s requirements.
4. Interact better with your clients, speaking from experience and real knowledge.
5. Create more alliances by understanding other coffee sectors.
6. By understanding the work on the farm, you will better understand your suppliers.
7. Understand your product (if you have a coffee brand) or your services (if you are a roaster).
8. Use your BootCamp experience to share it on social networks with your community.
COFFEE BOOTCAMP5 days incl. transport & hotels
Everything included, STAY AT CDR FARM
Visit three farms (1 organic)
Includes all workshopS
BOOTCAMP + OCEAN5 DAYS BOOTCAMP, 2 NIGHTS AT THE COLOMBIAN BEACH
RELAX TWO NIGHTS AT A COLOMBIAN BEACH
COFFEE EDUCATION + HOLIDAY
* Flight to/from Colombia not included.